Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lifestyle Plus

Having read the comments from Kenny Sia about Lifestyle Card Membership, I have to agree with him that many of the benefits given by the club is indeed useless. And to top things off, I was surprised to learn that as a so called "previledged" member, the hotel room rates (even after 50% discount) is still more expensive than the hotel's internet rate or promotion packages.

So what is the point of using the card? This was the exact question I post to the sales rep in the Lifestyle office and to my surprise, they gave me this reply:

Sales Rep: Sir, in actual fact, the main benefit of the card is for dining only. The hotel reservations actually not worth it one. Booking from internet or travel agent much cheaper.

Ken: How come you guys never highlighted this before during your sales call? I am sure many people would feel that they have been cheated. You only tell us this after we have joined.

Sales Rep: Utter Silence

I think SEDC should improve their membership benefits if they want to continue to gain more customer confidence. Otherwise they will be losing more members soon enough.

Cheers!

Ken

No comments: